Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Coming Up for Air

Since we closed on the house a week ago tomorrow I have been working non-stop trying to get the new house move in ready.  As soon as we closed and signed a billion pieces of paper we got the keys and went to work.  I had a washer and dryer being delivered on Thursday and the laundry room needed to be cleaned, patched, and painted before then.  Since Jeff was working my mom took off work to come hang out with Tyler while I worked (with the worst cold I've had in probably 10 years) through the day and night to get the laundry room in order for the delivery date. 

Here we are at closing signing all of our documents:



Here is what I have been working on:

The Laundry Room Before:




These pictures don't even do it justice.  The amount of priming and patching and cleaning was insane!  Here is is after all the patch work and two coats of Kilz primer:

Oh, and did I mention I hadn't even picked out a paint color yet?






This was my first time using Kilz.  I am a huge fan now.  Cuts prep work in half.  And, yes, even with that it still took me 2 nights and 1 day to complete this little room.  I also owe it to my new BFF: my 2" XL cutting in paint brush.  I love this thing!  Normally I would tape off every single nook and cranny and it would take forever!  Not anymore now that I have my "cutter iner".  I love it!
Here are some pictures after the delivery of my new washer and dryer:





Still Left to do in this room:
  • Find cabinets for above the washer and dryer
  • Find a shelf for under the cabinets
  • Put wash basin back in
  • Find a rug for the garage entry
So that is what I have been working hard on.  This is the second time I have fallen asleep while writing this post so I am signing off.  Goodnight!!

No comments: