Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What we've been up to: June Edition

Where is this summer going? It's July already and I am just now posting about June. I've already posted about our vacation to the Outer Banks.  Here is a little more of what we've been up to:

Dining Room Furniture Delivered: 
We finally made a decision on dining room furniture and it was delivered.  Tyler, of course, ran to get his screw driver so he could help the guys set it up.  I wish I had gotten a picture of that.  They were so kind to be patient and let him "help out".

The set we ordered was from Macy's.  I had a specific idea in my mind of what I wanted and it was surprisingly hard to find.  The side chairs are Pottery Barn Napa side chairs.  I just ordered the slip covers for them (I waited for a "free shipping" event).  It saved me almost $30 AND they were on sale $10 off each. Woo-hoo for saving $90!



Here is a better shot of the end chairs:


We still have a ways to go in this room but I want to take my time and find things I love.  Next up is sewing the curtains from the bolt of fabric that is leaning up against the wall in photo #1. 

Tall Ships Picnic:
We had a play date at Thomas Point State Park to watch the tall ships come up the bay for the "Star-Spangled Sailabration".  Tyler had a lot of fun playing with his friends.







Ocean City Vacation with Gramma and Grampa:
We took another beach vacation this time to Ocean City, MD. 

"Cheers!"





watching Elmo
Kitchen Table Delivered:
Our old table was round, with a glass top and 4 chairs that were on wheels.  A little scary with a toddler and their friends running around.  I wanted chairs that did not have cushions so that I could be comfortable entertaining Tyler and all his friends for meals and crafts and not have to worry about spills, whether it's spaghetti or paint. I was surprised at how difficult that was to find.  But low and behold, here she is:



No comments: