Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tapeña Wine Party: Preparation

Lots to do for our big wine tasting party and I am so excited!  Tapeña Wines sent us a great party pack full of goodies for our party.  Included was our mail in rebate form for the wine, AMEX gift card for $25, a great tapas recipe book, wine opener, napkins, decorations, Spanish spices, tasting cards, magnets, and wine charms. 

I prepared goodie bags for our guests to showcase a few of the items Tapeña provided and included a few other Spanish items:
  • Tapeña wine charms
  • Tapeña magnets
  • Tapeña Mail in Rebate form
  • Clementines (Spanish citrus fruit)
  • Seeds to grow Spanish herbs










































I made lists of everything I wanted to serve and everything I need to buy to make that happen.  Spanish foods are surprisingly hard to find.  I enlisted the help of La Tienda - an online Spanish store where we have ordered from in the past.  I needed to order jamon serrano, dry-cured and cooking chorizo, and sweet smoked paprika.  The package arrived 2 days after I ordered it - now that is service!

Here is a run down of tapas I will serve:
  • Goat's Cheese with Fig Spread
  • Manchego y Serrano
  • Paprika Spiced Almonds
  • Spanish Olives
  • Roasted Asparagus
  • Chorizo Empanadillas
  • Tortilla
  • Fried Garlic Bread and Chorizo
  • Potato Wedges with Roasted Garlic Dip
  • Roasted Red Pepper Dip

I also had to find the wine, which was much easier than finding the Spanish food.  A local liquor store had a great stock of Tapeña Wines and even had them on sale for $7.99 a bottle.  I knew I wanted a case so I asked if they could offer me a discount for buying in bulk.  They obliged and gave me another 10% off for purchasing a case (12 bottles).  When I got home, I filled out and mailed in my rebate form that Tapeña provided which was $66 off of 12 bottles of wine.  This brought the final price per bottle down to $2!!!  You know how I love a deal and this was a great deal!!  I think it may have even made the wine taste a tiny bit better, if that's even possible.  My husband and I both drink a lot of wine and we really enjoyed the Tapeña wines. 

















Here is a run down of all the drinks that will be served:
  • Sangria made with the Garanacha Wine (my husband's family recipe)
  • Tempranillo Wine
  • Garanacha Wine
  • Rose Wine
  • Verdejo (White) Wine
  • Sparking water
  • Flat water

No comments: