Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

My First Sewing Project

My mother bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and Im ashamed to say it took me over a month to get it out of the box.  So much to do with vacations, a first birthday party to plan, and everything else that the summer throws at you. 
I had so many ideas for my first sewing project but once I got the Pottery Barn Kids Halloween catalog in the mail I knew what it would be. 

This banner seemed like a good first project because it was simple and something that I could take and make my own with different fabric and measurements.  And at $29 I figured I had to be able to make it cheaper than that!   So I got everthing together that I needed: ribbon, Halloween fabric, black fabric, white stiff felt, and thread.  Total spent was $15 and I have enough to make 6-7 banners!




And here's some pictures of T-man playing in the yard:


Peek-a-boo!!  I see you!!



2 comments:

k and k world said...

so cute kid!

love your posts...

Heidi said...

aw, thanks!! :-)