Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dining Room Progress: We have curtains!

This particular project was a labor of love for me.  I fell in love with this fabric (P. Kaufmann's Clarice) about a year ago and knew I wanted to use it somewhere in my house.  I finally bought several yards of it when it went on sale about 5 months ago and it sat, leaning up against the window in the dining room for months.

You see, this was my first major sewing project and I was a little intimidated. First, I love this fabric and second, it was pricey. I didn't want to make a mistake and not be able to use it at all.  It took me about 3 days worth of nap times to make the panels.  The first day I measured (and remeasured about 5 times), cut, ironed, and pinned.  The next two days I sewed.




 



Here is what we started with (picture from the home inspection):
And here is the latest "in progress" photo:



 


Sorry for the awful pictures!  Photographing a window is hard.  I need to read up on white balance on my camera.

still need to find:
art work
a mirror
rug

No comments: