Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Design Show House: Adventure Awaits Reading Nook

Hello there and thanks for following along as I write about the experience of submitting for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra's 40th Annual Show House.  You can see previous posts about it here and here.

The second room I felt inspired to design was a small nook on the 3rd floor.  It was barely large enough to stand up but perfect for a small boy and his dog to get away for hours plotting great adventures together. I imagined the boy reading aloud to his dog, scoping out the stars, and dreaming of exotic far away places that only pirates can find.

The nook is the 1/2 circle window at the very top of the house.


Here is an image of the nook (it was hard to get a good image because of the size):

Isn't that huge window dreamy?
Below is the design board I submitted:

1. World Map Wall Mural, 2. SW Paint Color, 3. Telescope, 4. Lego Head 5. Light Fixture, 6. BB-8 Pillow, 7. Bike Pillow, 8. Dot Desk, 9. Floor Cushion, 10. Sailcloth Storage, 11. Sign

I have to admit, I felt inspired by my 6 year old son when designing this room.  Some of the items in the design board above are his favorites.  The letterpress box is an antique and holds all his little treasures from lego men, sea shells found on the beach, to that random robins egg found on a walk. He loves his adventures!

No comments: