Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tyler's Second Birthday Party: The Prep

Tyler loves Elmo.  He asks for him every day, "more Momo?".  For his second birthday party it seemed only fitting that we throw an Elmo themed party.  I started a board on Pinterest to get some ideas.  Wow, there are some really creative and crafty people out there! 

Here is the mantel just before his birthday:


And here it is after all the birthday love:



It had just rained for two days straight.  Our backyard was swampy and I knew the kids would want to play outside so I put this basket together of towels and wipes for their feet:


The party favors waiting to be taken home.  I included a few of Elmo's favorite things: bag of gold fish, crayons, and Sesame Street tattoos.



I made a sign for the front door (just in case the balloons on the mailbox were not evident enough that the party starts here):


The cake!  It's a simple store cake from Giant Foods.  I've seen the Sesame Street Big Bird and Elmo in Tow Birthday Cake Decorating Kit on Amazon where you could bake the cake yourself if your feeling ambitious.  I was not.  :-)


I saw this giant inflatable Elmo balloon and had to buy it.  I was so excited to see his face when we brought it home.  He gave Elmo a big hug, then took his hand and led him around the house.


 
 
I will post about the actual party soon!  There are too many great pictures to narrow it down!
 

No comments: